1. a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency
2. a person who is deceived or cheated, as by his or her own emotions or ignorance, by the dishonesty of others, or by some impersonal agency
3. a person or animal sacrificed or regarded as sacrificed
4. a living creature sacrificed in religious rites
5. a person or thing that suffers harm, death, etc, from another or from some adverse act, circumstance, etc
6. a person who is tricked or swindled; dupe
When I admit that I am a Victim of Racism - I am being truthful and it is the beginning of the end to my victim-hood.
Is it a "crutch" or a "cop out" to admit the truth?
Does the Victim of Fraud "cop out" by honestly admitting that he has been taken advantage of?
Again, truth hurts.
Does hiding from truth make one stronger or weaker?